Salary: £18,000-£20,000 FTE pro-rata
Hours: 20 hours per week
Closing date: Friday 11th August at 12noon
Clyde Scouts is looking for a part-time, permanent Accounts
Assistant to join our dedicated staff team based at Elmbank Street, Glasgow. The
role will assist the Accountant with day-to-day financial processes.
Main duties will include (though not limited to):
- Processing purchase and sales ledger
- Supplier/bank payment runs
- Posting of bank and other transactions to Sage
- Banking cash/cheques
- Petty cash management
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with month end processes
- Applicants should have an HND or equivalent in
accountancy and/or experience in a similar role
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with members of the
public and volunteers involved in Scouting
- Well organised
- It would also be desirable if applicants had an
appreciation of The Scout Associationís aims and experience of Sage.
About Clyde Scouts
Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people
in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution
to society. Through the adventure of Scouting, young people get to take risks
in a safe environment, and have their first taste of responsibility.
Clyde Scouts is one of eight geographical areas that
supports Scout Groups and Districts in Scotland and it is recognised as a
Scottish Charity by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. Clyde Scouts
is led by unpaid Committee members and volunteers who generously give of their
time. The Regionís membership continues to grow with over 8,200 members, 25%
more than in 2008.
Clyde Scoutís core activities fall into 3 main categories:
- Promotion and development of Scouting across the Region.
- The supply of Scout uniforms, books, badges and outdoor
clothing and equipment through The Glasgow Scout Shop that supports the programme
undertaken by our youth members.
- The running of an outdoor centre at Auchengillan which
provides a focus for the provision of adventure based programme and development
activities for young people in local Scout Groups and other organisations.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a
covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the job as listed
above to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information on this vacancy, please
click here for a copy of job description and person specification or contact
Gary Bainbridge (PR & Development Officer) on 0141 248 6022.
Applicants should be available for interview on 17th August.Author: Gary Bainbridge