Nominations for election to the Regional Executive Committee
are now open for 2015/16
The Regional Executive Committee is responsible for managing
the affairs of the Region, for supporting the Regional Commissioner in meeting
the responsibilities of his appointment and for providing support for Scout
Districts, Groups, Explorer Scout Units and the Scout Network in the Region.
It is specifically responsible for:
- promoting the development of Scouting in the Region and
arranging for harmonious cooperation with other organisations,
- acting on matters relating to the Region's finance and
- appointing sub-committees and overseeing their operation,
- appointing a Regional Secretary from time to time if it is a
remunerated post and for dealing with any staff matters,
- supervising the administration of Districts, particularly in
relation to finance and property matters,
- attending to Regional administration, including matters
relating to adult appointments, registrations and membership of The Scout
- complying with legislation applicable to Scottish charities,
- approving an Annual Report including annual accounts and
associated financial statements, for submission to the Annual General Meeting.
For more information about the nomination process, please click here.
The Regional Commissioner and Regional Chairman (designate)
activiley encourage applications from adult leaders and Scout Network members
aged 18 to 23 as we would like two of our trustees from that age group. If you
would like to speak to Marion or Kevin please feel free to get in touch with
them directly or via the regional office.
To complete a nomination form or self nomination, which
should be returned to Gary Bainbridge in the Regional Office by 19 October 2015,
click here.Author: Gary Bainbridge