Regional Executive Committee elections - 12-07-2012
Would you like to help contribute to the strategic management and direction of Scouting in Clyde Region?
Nominations for election to the Regional Executive Committee are now open for 2012/13.
The Regional Executive Committee is responsible for managing the affairs of the Region, for supporting the Regional Commissioner in meeting the responsibilities of his appointment and for providing support for Scout Districts, Groups, Explorer Scout Units and the Scout Network in the Region. It is specifically responsible for:
- promoting the development of Scouting in the Region and arranging for harmonious cooperation with other organisations,
- acting on matters relating to the Region's finance and property,
- appointing sub-committees and overseeing their operation,
- appointing a Regional Secretary from time to time if it is a remunerated post and for dealing with any staff matters,
- supervising the administration of Districts, particularly in relation to finance and property matters,
- attending to Regional administration, including matters relating to adult appointments, registrations and membership of The Scout Association,
- complying with legislation applicable to Scottish charities, and
- approving an Annual Report including annual accounts and associated financial statements, for submission to the Annual General Meeting.
For more information about the nomination process, please click here.
To complete a nomination form or self nomination, which should be returned to Gary Bainbridge in the Regional Office by 21 August 2012, click here.Author: Gary Bainbridge
more blog posts...