One of the main areas of responsibility for Clyde Region is to support the development of Scouting across our 8 Districts and the Region has support available from volunteers and members of staff to enable this to happen.
During 2010, the Region was successful in securing funding for the employment of a Local Development Officer, over a 3 year period to provide additional capacity for supporting development work.
We have 6 key objectives that we are working towards in developing Scouting and any requests for support must be contributing to at least 1 of these objectives which are:
- Grow the youth and adult membership of Scouting across the Region.
- Create an effective system of internal and external communications.
- Promote Scouting widely across the Region and create a positive internal and external perception of Scouting's image.
- Support the delivery of a balanced programme in Scout Groups and Districts across the Region.
- To create a sound basis for the future development and operation of Scouting across the Region.
- Provide opportunities for personal development for adults in Scouting and ensure that all adults are properly trained for their role.
Clyde Region has a three year Development Plan to support the growth of Scouting across the Region which is monitored and updated regularly. Click here to download a copy of the plan.