Explorer Scout Pandemonium - updated info!
7th - 9th October 2011
Friday 7th October-Sunday 9th October 2011
Explorer Scouts should arrive in uniform on Friday night after 7.00pm
Pandemonium is an Explorer Scout event ran by Clyde Region.
The camp has been organised to allow all Explorers and Leaders in Clyde Region to camp, share ideas, join in activities, take part in a night challenge and opt in for modules.
The modules available to opt in are:
- Explorer / Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme/eDofE
- Young Leaders Scheme
- Module A
- Basic First Aid training / HeartStart
- Scout Network/Queen's Scout Award
The cost of the weekend is £35 per person (£30 if you book your place by 19th August). This includes Saturday BBQ dinner, camp fees, activities and modules.
Places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
The activities during the day will be a selection of on site Auchengillan activities which will include:
- 0.177 Air Rifle Shooting
- Pole Climb
- Water Walkerz
As the camp is under canvas everyone will need to bring their own lightweight tents, sleeping bags etc.
- Register, setup camp and join in Themed Disco/Karaoke
- Friday evening entertainment will be a themed disco with prizes for winning unit. The theme will be based around the song 'Every Day I'm Shuffling.' If your stuck for ideas bring along a white t-shirt and fabric pens will be provided for decorating them.
- Joint activities and opt in modules
- Clyde BBQ followed by Team Challenge hike (ran by the hill team)
- After the Clyde BBQ, there will be a night challenge hike organised by the hill team. This will last for a few hours and you need good boots, waterproof trousers/jacket, hat, gloves, head torch, small rucsac & water.
- Messy Games (After a long lie in)
- After a long lie in, play team games whilst been covered in flour etc. There will be a winning prise for the winning team. Remember to bring a change of clothes.
- Explorer Belt Presentation & Launch
The camp will finish around 2:30pm on the Sunday.
Leaders are encouraged to attend the event to share ideas and are welcome to attend modules during the day to take back and run locally. We will require the support of as many leaders as possible to make the event as great as it can be. The Staff fee for all leaders will be £15 each. If you'd like to apply as a member of staff, click here to complete a staff application form for returning to the Regional Office.
As the Saturday BBQ is the only meal being provided, remember to bring food and equipment. Why don't you try to organise your food at District level. This will allow you to meet fellow local Explorer Scouts who you would otherwise might not meet.
How to apply:
If you are interested in coming, please click here to download a booking form for completing. Don't forget to include £35 per participant. (or £30 if you book your place by 19th August).
Explorer Scouts can, where necessary, register to attend individually. Explorer Scouts attending without their own leader will need a Night's Away Passport.
Completed forms should be returned to Clyde Regional Scout Council, 21 Elmbank Street, Glasgow, G2 4PB.
Any applications received after this date may not be accepted.
Cheques should be made payable to Clyde Regional Scout Council and a receipt will be sent out for all money received.
If you have any questions contact John Rafferty.